Call for Chapter- Handbook of data
The significant amount of data generated and sent from sensors, individual archives, social networks, IoT networks, and enterprises require utilisation of big data analytics in almost all aspects of cyber security, forensics and threat intelligence. As the number of Internet of Things (IoT) devices have been predicted to surpass 50 billion by 2020, attackers’ attention has also shifted towards tools, techniques and procedures to exploit IoT networks. The number and diversity of nodes exist within IoT networks significantly increase the size of audit and security logs and intrusion data that should be collected and analysed from IoT ecosystem. Hence, IoT security and privacy are two urgent big-data challenges. The purpose of this handbook is to explore cyber security, forensics and threat intelligence challenges and solutions relating big data IoT.
Specifically, this book welcomes two categories of chapters: (1) invited articles from qualified experts; and (2) contributed papers from open call with list of addressed topics. Topics of interest include but not limited to:
- Big Data applications for collecting data related to cyber-security such as IDS, NIDS, operating systems behavioral log etc.
- Challenges, opportunities, and threats of Big Data in smartphones
- Deep learning and Big Data for cyber-security applications
- Big data in Biometrics
- Big Data challenges on citizens
- Role of Big Data for efficient incident response
- Big Data and forensics
- Big Data and IoT security
- Anomaly Detection for Big Data and its applications for cyber-security
- Visualizing Large-Scale Security Data
- Big Data for individual control systems’ security
- Submission deadline: 1 Apr 2019
- Authors’ notification: 1 May 2019 (or two months after submission)
- Revisions due: 31 Jul 2018
- Camera ready version due: 1 Jul 2019
- Tentative publication date: Q4 2019
All accepted papers will be published as contributed chapters to a book titled “Handbook of Big Data and IoT Security”. Please carefully format your manuscript in accordance with Springer Book Manuscript Guideline. To Submit your paper please CLICK HERE..!
For any enquiries regarding your submission or suitability of your paper, please feel free to contact book editors: