Two Open PhD Positions in Cybersecurity
Cyber Science Lab, School of Computer Science, University of Guelph
The Cyber Science Lab (CSL) is a research lab focused on advancing knowledge and practice in AI for Security and Security of AI systems. We are currently looking for 2 Ph.D. students in the field of Cybersecurity.
- for domestic students, the tuition fee is fully covered. For international students 12,000 CAD/annum of tuition fee will be covered (check tuition fees here: https://graduatestudies.uoguelph.ca/future/cost).
- All PhD students will receive a minimum research assistantship of 21,500CAD/year (for 4 years) and two guaranteed teaching assistantship every year of 12,000CAD/year (for 4 years). The total minimum income of 33,500 CAD/year is guaranteed for three years.
- There are many opportunities to work on industry projects in the lab for additional income. Normally Ph.D. students work on 2 industry projects during their study and can make an additional 30,000 CAD/year through industry projects.
- The Cyber Science Lab is offering a bonus package for all researchers as follow:
- For each Tier1 publication as the first author: $700 CAD
- For each patent filing in U.S or Canada, the first innovator: $700 CAD
- For each Tier 2 publication as the first author: $250 CAD
- The Cyber Science Lab is matching any competing offer from other universities
To apply submit following documents to Dr. Ali Dehghantanha (Ali – at – cybersciencelab -dot- org):
- Your detailed CV including list of publications
- Research statement (1-page max): explaining why you think you are fit for this position and why you choose to join the Cyber Science Lab
- Your MSc. transcript in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related field. Please note we require minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 or 17.00/20.00 or 80.00/100.00 (strict requirement)
- Your English language score (IELTS Academic 7 or higher)
Application process: short-listed candidates are interviewed by at least 2 professors and final candidates are required to complete a remote project (normally in 2-3month) with Dr. Ali Dehghantaha to proof their skills and teamwork abilities.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Start date: by 1st Sep 2021