One Postdoctoral Fellowship position is available in Security of AI Systems in the Cyber Science Lab, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
The Cyber Science Lab (CSL) (https://cybersciencelab.org/) is a research lab focused on advancing knowledge and practice in security and privacy of machine learning systems to build trustable ML agents for a variety of threat hunting, threat attribution and digital forensics tasks. In CSL we strive to impart values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in creating a world class training environment. We are always looking forward working with talented candidates regardless of their nationality, gender, age, race, religious, etc.!
The Cyber Science Lab is currently looking for one postdoctoral research fellow in the field of Security of AI/Machine Learning systems. This position is mainly focused on building advanced techniques for penetration testing of ML systems, identifying privacy issues in ML systems and developing forensically sound and explainable methods for analyzing cyberattacks impacting ML systems. We are looking for candidates with proven track in both Cybersecurity and AI. You would require at least a couple of publications in adversarial learning, privacy and security of ML systems, or application of machine learning in cybersecurity. Priority would be given to candidates with publications in the Tier1 journals and conferences in Cybersecurity or AI.
- Salary range of $60,000 to $75,000 a year commensurate with experience. Candidates with strong track of publication or previous postdoc experience are normally receiving higher salaries.
- The initial appointment would be for 1-year and can be extended for another year
- Extended health coverage is provided
- An attractive bonus package:
- For every Tier1 publication as the first author: $700
- For every patent filing in U.S or Canada as the first innovator: $700
- For every Tier 2 publication as the first author: $250
- Many opportunities to supervise postgraduate students, write research grants, teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses and access to a fantastic network of scholars
Application deadline: This position is open until a suitable candidate is hired. We hope to hire a candidate by Summer 2021.
- short listed candidates will be contacted for an initial interview with Dr. Dehghantanha
- The selected candidate completes a remote research project which normally takes 4-6 weeks. This will be used to evaluate the candidate performance and make sure that the candidate is a fit to the Cyber Science Lab.
- Three letters of reference would be requested before making an official offer of employment
To apply, please drop and email to Dr. Ali Dehghantanha (Ali – at – cybersciencelab -dot- org) and include following attachments (please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted):
- Most recent C.V
- A list of publications
- Two representative articles