2 PhD and 1 Postdoc position in Cybersecurity
Cyber Science Lab, University of Guelph
The Cyber Science Lab (CSL) is a research lab focused on advancing knowledge and practice in security and privacy of machine learning systems to build trustable ML agents for a variety of threat hunting, threat attribution and digital forensics tasks. In CSL we strive to impart values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in creating a world class training environment. We are always looking forward working with talented candidates regardless of their nationality, gender, age, race, religion, etc.!
The Cyber Science Lab at the School of Computer Science of University of Guelph (https://www.uoguelph.ca/computing/) is currently loooking for 2 Ph.D. and 1 Research Fellow/PostDoc (for two years) in the field of Cybersecurity. These positions are in different areas of cybersecurity namely adversarial machine learning, AI-assisted digital forensics, and security of critical infrastructure.
We look favorably to candidates meeting the following requirements:
- Strong passion in cybersecurity and proven track in machine learning, information security, digital forensics or a closely related area
- For PhD positions: Good first class MSc in Computer Science or closely related field (CGPA of 70+/100 or 17+/20 is mandatory). If English is not your first language, you must have an academic IELTS score (or equivalent) of 7 overall, with no less than 6.5 in each component.
- For the postdoc position: you need to have one or more publication as the first author in the following outlets:
- Journals: IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security; IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing; Elsevier Computers & Security; ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security
- Conferences: IEEE S&P; ACM CCS; USENIX; RAID
- PhD students: for domestic students, the tuition fee is fully covered. For international students up to 12,000 CAD/annum of tuition fee will be covered (check tuition fees here: https://graduatestudies.uoguelph.ca/future/cost). PhD students will receive a stipend of 21,500CAD/year and are eligible to take 2 TA (teaching assistant) positions every year (12,000CAD/year).
- Postdoc candidate: minimum salary of 60,000CAD/year for two years. Applicants with previous postdoc/fellowship experience may receive a higher salary commensurate with their experience
- The Cyber Science Lab is offering a very attractive bonus package for best performing candidates
- We will match any competing offer from other universities
31st Mar 2020 (Due to COVID-19 spreads, review of applications will continue until the positions are filled. The effective date of appointment is negotiable, but Sep 1, 2020 is preferred.)
To apply, please drop and email to Dr. Ali Dehghantanha (Ali – at – cybersciencelab -dot- org) with a short-C.V including a brief statement of interest, links to publications in above mentioned outlets (for PostDoc applicants), your MSc. transcript and your English language score (for PhD applicants). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.